Sunday, July 5, 2009

Myrtle Beach, June 30th to July 4th, 2009













This past Tuesday, mom, Chris, Lesley, and I headed to Myrtle Beach! I worked that morning, which always seems like a blessing and a curse. I had a few things I needed to get done with a group changing carriers July 1st.

As I looked forward to the beach, I remembered a phrase from Camp Rockfish: "Participate, don't anticipate." We told the kids that since they wanted to know what activity was next, instead of enjoying the one at that moment. So, I focused on being content at what I did.

Tuesday, we ate a Fuddruckers and walked on the beach since we got there around 5:30.

Wednesday we chilled on the beach and played a bit in the ocean. One of the lifeguards had to get someone on a boogy board that morning, so that should have been the foreshadowing of a dramatic week.

Dad and Jason arrived around 6:00 on Wednesday and we ordered pizza. After we finished, we heard the fire alarm. We headed out to the front of the hotel, seeing the staff scrambling. We ended up walking to the pier and eating ice cream. We figured someone pulled the alarm "for fun".

Thursday, we played in the ocean a lot. Jason got sunburned since he didn't apply sunscreen. We shopped at the Tangler Outlets before dinner. It was scronching hot! We ate at Philips Seafood near the Broadway at the Beach for dinner. I actually loved the crab cakes and salmon I had! Later, Jason and I walked on the beach.

Friday, Jason, Chris, dad, and I went on the banana boat that morning. Dad was the one who wanted to go the most, but in fact, enjoyed it the least! About 90% of the time he groaned or cussed, and occassionally I heard him say he wasn't able to hold on anymore. Thank God, he didn't fall off! None of us did!

Jason had a great time in the front. It took me a few mintues to get used the jerkiness. From the shore, the banana boat did not seem that jerky. But, I started to really like it on the way back, which I think is mainly because we flowed with the current instead of against it. I think I held on too tight because my hands really hurt! Later that night, my arms and legs joined in!

After laying out that afternoon, mom asked one of the hotel staff if they knew about a good local restaurant. We ended up at Mrs. Fish, a hole in the wall! Wonderful seafood! Mostly, everyone had fried scrimp, but I got Mahi Mahi (being brave!) and it tasted excellent!

The Family Kingdom amusement park was across from our hotel, so mom, Jason and I went to walk around since there is no admission fee. We hoped to find candy apples, but they didn't have any. We didn't ride anything, but it was a nice reminder of county fairs.

Saturday, Chris and Lesley headed to Charleston since she'll have an internship there for the month of July. Chris flies to Memphis Sunday.

We had a great time! I enjoyed seeing a different side of God's creation and beautiful sunsets from our hotel room!

No comments:

Post a Comment