Saturday, July 25, 2009

Molly's been here one year!






Today is the one year anniversary of Molly being with us! Here is the story of how she came from both of our perpectives:

Jason- On the Tuesday before we got Molly, I had gone to one of the schools supply houses, and there was a woman with a black lab puppy. She said six had been dumped at her house and she was giving them away. I asked Melissa what she thought about getting Chip a playmate and she said she wasn't sure if that was a good decision.

But since I had Friday off, I found out that the puppies had been given back to the people who had them originally, so I went up there to see. It was at a mobile home and the puppies were in storage building. I saw a boy puppy that I really liked, but he was already taken.

Then, I saw a sweet little girl curled up on cloth and she looked me with sad eyes. So, I took her instead. I had to bring her to Lee's work because I had planned to eat lunch with him. Then, we came home and waited for Melissa.

Melissa- I got off of work at 4:00 that day and walked into the kitchen to see a little black puppy on top of the couch. She got very excited to see me and jumped down to greet me. In complete shock, I said "You got a puppy." I didn't really know what to think. Jason said he wasn't sure if I'd want to keep her or not, but after hearing about where she lived, I knew we would be a better fit. What's one more mouth to feed anyways?

We went to life group that evening, and then came home to try to figure out what to do with her for the night. I was afraid to leave her on the sunroom with Chip since I wasn't sure how he would react to her. We tried putting her in the cat carrier in our bedroom, but she whined. So, we let her sleep between us in the bed on a towel. She did well, but a few times I she licked my hand during the night. (The only other times she's slept with us was after she got fixed and was sedated. But she was about 20 pounds bigger, so it was a bit more cramped that night)

The next day, we let Chip and her interact a bit more. Chip was very curious, and Molly kept wanting to play with him. She also wanted to play with the cats, but they really didn't know what to think of her.

She still gives us a few "loves stratches" though we're trying to teach her not to jump as much, and many nights, she is our living security system. But we're glad to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment