Saturday, July 11, 2009

Garden progress










We cooked our first squash casserole this week using squash from the garden! It was very good, considering I haven't been a big fan of squash! (Mom would be proud of me!) We've had a good amount of tomatoes too. Our pictures show the "baby" watermelon, a good sized cantalope, and some fuzzy okra!

It's so neat to watch everything bud and grow! It reminds me how awesome God is an awesome creator and provider! I often feel I overlook the complexity and details of nature, so it's nice to have the visual reminder right outside!

At life group, we talked about Jacob's deceit of Issac into blessing him as the firstborn, and also Jacob's dream about the ladder. I never really understood the Jacob's ladder deal, but I was enlighted that it appears as the first time God speaks to Jacob directly. I thought maybe Jacob needed visuals aids too!

No comments:

Post a Comment