Sunday, October 4, 2009

U2 concert!

Jason and I were very thankful that despite the sad news that our pregnancy showed no embryo and therefore, I'll have to take medicine today to continue the miscarriage, we were still able to go to the U2 concert in Raleigh that we've been looking forward to since April.

It was completely AWESOME! Videos are below after the pictures.

Here's a picture of us and the set, which is a "spaceship"

Here's some pictures of the band



Bono in his infamous black attire.



The Edge rockin' on his guitar!




I was completely stunned that the third to last song they played is probably my favorite called "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)" off the album "Achtung Baby". I don't think it came out as a single since there are so many other good songs on that album (like "One" and "Mysterious Ways") I took a video of the whole song so this is my longest one, but it's worth it!





I had hoped that they would also play "Where the Streets Have No Name". Bono sang the first verse of "Amazing Grace" and then it totally bridged into the lovely melody intro of the song!



My favorite song from "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" is "City of Blinding Lights" and I think the effects they did with the screen were the best! Bono and this boy from the audience are running on the 360 degrees circle stage! (to be that kid!)

"Beautiful Day" has a special place for me and Jason since we had the chorus play when we walked into our wedding reception when we were announced.

Another favorite song of mine is "One".

I like to think you could change the chorus to "God works in mysterious ways."

One of the last songs is one of the best: "With or Without You."

Muse was their opening act and I got a video of one of their songs. They were good!

List of songs played: Breathe, Get on Your Boots, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, No Line on the Horizon, Magnificent, Elevation, In A Litttle While, New Year's Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In A Moment, Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy - Remix, Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

No comments:

Post a Comment