Saturday, August 18, 2018

Written for Ethan's first birthday....


Wrote this back in June......
About a week ago, Jason and I saw a rainbow. I can’t see rainbows now without thinking of our nephew Ethan, since Jason saw a rainbow the day Ethan passed away.
Later, I thought about how the sun and rain are two opposite things, yet they can occur together. Seems like they shouldn’t happen at the same time, but they do.
I sometimes don’t know what we’re supposed to “feel” when it comes to death and believing in eternal life. We’re sad they’re not with us, but happy they’re with Jesus.
We have peace and grief together, joy and sorrow together, thankfulness and confusion together.
Sometimes one outweighs the other, but we can feel this intense mixture of emotions….
Today is Ethan’s first birthday.
I went through some books of the Bible to if see there was a “birthday” verse for Ethan.
Here’s what Psalm 6:9 says: “The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;  the LORD accepts my prayer.” (NIV)
What struck me most was that it doesn’t say that God answered the prayer….. 
But that God accepted the prayer. 
He hears us; He doesn’t ignore our pain even when it doesn’t go away….

No comments:

Post a Comment