Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hanging in there!

Brief rewind of happenings since the last post:

Saturday, the 6th, we went to a winery near Elkin with our friends Ryan and Nichole. Don't worry, I didn't participate in the wine tastings, but it was a beautiful day to just sit outside. Ryan and Nichole got married there in September. Then, we were only a few minutes from Gary and Linda, so we ate dinner with them at Cody Creek and then watched "The Proposal".

Sunday, the 7th, we had lunch at Atlanta Bread with some of the TNT friends, then saw "Alice in Wonderland." I wasn't sure if the 3-D would fly with me, but I sat near the back, so it was okay. Jason sat at the front with our friend Taylor.

The next week was alright for both of us at work and it was nice to get all the sweet emails congradulating us on the pregnancy.

Friday, the 12th, I had lunch with my friend Abigail and her baby Lincoln at Atlanta Bread since I really liked the veggie sandwich there! The closest thing to a craving that I've had so far!

I had the rest of the afternoon off so I cleaned since we had life group here later that night. It was on Noah struggling during the time on the boat during the flood and having. We chilled on Saturday and watched the Hurricanes hockey game that night.

This weekend, I went to a women's conference where Anne Graham Lotz spoke (Billy Graham's daughter). I was a bit worried about feeling bad and Friday night was a bit rough, but thankfully Saturday, I felt pretty good! Our lunch was at this cute place in Greenville, SC that had excellent desserts. I got home about 9:00 on Saturday night.

Jason stayed with Lee Friday night and they went fishing Saturday afternoon. We had all thought that Dean's birthday party was next Saturday, the 28th, but there was a miscommunication. Lee got a call while they were fishing and after having dinner with Linda and Gary, they headed to Karen's house for dessert. I hate I missed it, but I wouldn't have been able to go anyways since I was heading back from Greenville.

I still have been feeling a bit up and down with nausea during the day. Wednesday, I didn't even do nursery because I felt so bad, but I think lots of it has to do with allergies. My right ear started hurting this week, which is typical during allergy season. I feel I'm starting to eat a bit better, so hopefully, I'll continue to feeling less sick.

Tonight, we made my grandmother's spagetti! It didn't turn out as good as she made, but it was close! My aunt Anne has been working on a family recipe book since Grandmother died in 2005 and it got finished! Anne dropped it off at our house on Tuesday night, so I read through the whole thing!

Anne wrote family history and included stories of when they were kids. I loved seeing the pictures of my grandmother as a baby and little girl, plus some good pictures of my dad and his sisters in their childhood too.

It honestly made me want to cry a bit seeing pictures of those that are gone: my grandmother's sister Adaleide and husband Van, my grandmother's sister in law Phyllis (aka "Shupie"), and my aunt Jane (dad's older sister).

There's also a picture from 1990 of me, Chris, and our cousin Jake with Grandmother in her kitchen getting ready to bring out "Jesus' birthday cake" to everyone at the dining room table. This cake had pink icing with coconut shavings on it! Classic!

We went over to mom and dad's last night, and she made grandmother's spagetti too! Jason and I had thought it would be funny if she did because mom and I had talked about wanting to make the spagetti recipe! It will be a popular meal at our house from now on!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I have fond memories of the spaghetti, and Jesus' birthday cake. Hope I get my hands on the recipe book soon. Some other favorites are the cheese biscuits, lemon squares, and dressing and gravy.

    Hope the sickness will fade soon.

    ReplyDelete