Monday, August 10, 2009

Wolf Creek Farm

Jason and Lee went fishing/camping this past Friday at the Hobacks (aka Wolf Creek Farm), who live right across the Virginia line. They stayed up until 1:00 catching some cat fish and then slept under the stars in the back of Lee's truck.

I lead life group on Friday night, then came back to a quiet house! It's so different when Jason's not around! I think I've forgotten what it felt like to live by myself.

Jason asked me to come up on Saturday so I could see the place! I ran into some road construction on I-77 so I was about a hour later than I had hoped! Jason and fished a bit when I got there, but the catfish must have been taking a nap! I loved the lake and fields with the cows and donkey (who serves as the security system so the coyotes don't get near the cows! I didn't know donkeys were good for that!)

It is a very relaxing place to visit! Unfortunately, we forgot to bring our camera, so we don't have any pictures to show. :(

Then, we went up to their pool to chat with Cindy and her daughters and adorable granddaughters. It was pretty hot, even up there in the mountains. We had a cookout and then left that evening.

Jason has one more week of four 10 hour days, but he's had a good attitude about it. The next few weeks will be rough since they're gearing up for the start of school again. I guess the summer is just about over!

No comments:

Post a Comment