Saturday, June 20, 2009

Content

It's been a better week for us. Jason's been busy moving classrooms at the high school for the abestos removal, but after 2 weeks of that, he says they may be done for awhile! It's been very exhausting for him.

I'm training a new employee while continuing to do my own work, which is a bit of a challenge. I can do things so quickly on my own, but must slow down to show someone else and that is hard for me to do.

We had life group last night at a 115 year old farm house our friends have in Mountain View. It's about 7 acres of land and I know Jason drooled when we first "toured" the house. Afterwards, we discussed it a bit and I asked if he is unhappy with our current house. I think he does wish to have a farm-like plot of land, but only God knows if we could ever afford it. We did both say that would be nice, but decided we are happy with our house too. We do have lots of yard space, enough for Jason's flower and vegetable garden; we also like that we have woods in the back, so it's more private there too. Plus, our street is very quiet!

I find it so easy for me to be discontented, whether in work, play, or home. Even though I've been on three international mission trips and seem terrible slums, I still find myself thinking I need a bigger house, etc, etc. I hope that God will continue to remind me that I do have enough, and if I start to get caught up in wanting more, I'll never have enough, and then won't be happy. It's better to just be thankful for what I have, considering that compared to most people in this world, I have so much!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to keeping up with your life via your new blog. Visit our at www.cullenschronicle.blogspot.com.

    Blessings,
    Buffie

    ReplyDelete